With a surplus of 1600+ teachers each year the contract relief teacher (CRT) market is growing. When working with children - especially those with additional needs - our best asset is having a relationship. This puts CRT’s at a distinct disadvantage. Some are lucky enough to be called back to the same schools, however most will get adhoc days in a variety of schools. This professional development opportunity will set you apart from the pack.
In this 3 hr workshop, teachers will be presented with top tips and tricks for a successful day of work. The workshop will include support with job applications and examples of successful selection criteria response templates.
The workshop will also unpack wellbeing as well as support network resources for CRT’s.
This workshop will provide CRT teachers with:
This workshop is suitable for contract relief teachers. Graduate teachers may benefit from this workshop.
1. Know students and how they learn 1.1 1.2 & 1.6
2. Know the content and how to teach it 2.1 & 2.2
3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning 3.3 3.4 3.5 & 3.7
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments 4.1 4.2 4.3 & 4.4
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning 5.3
6. Engage in Professional Learning 6.2 6.3 & 6.4
Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Positive Climate for Learning